It's Time to Get Legally Buttoned Up!
Your Legal Guide to Building a Team
Employees vs. Contractors for Private PracticesENROLL TODAY & SAVE
Hiring? Reduce Your Risk of Tax Penalties & Fines
An overview of independent contractors vs. employees.
Enter your email & agree to join our email list.
Like most private practice therapists, you are probably great at therapy but are likely LOST IN A SEA OF UNKNOWN RISKS WHEN IT COMES TO HIRING. One of the BIGGEST RISKS you will face when you go to hire is NOT CLASSIFYING YOUR WORKERS CORRECTLY.
Getting this classification right (or wrong) can have wide-reaching and long-term impacts on your practice.
THIS COURSE IS FOR THE PRIVATE PRACTICE THERAPIST WHO...
Is ready to hire a full- or part-time therapist for their team
Has a team and wants to make sure they have their legal ducks in a row
- Is considering hiring a virtual assistant
Has a waitlist and is thinking about hiring in the future
Is heading out on maternity or medical leave and wants to hire a temporary therapist
- Plans to grow their practice to include front desk staff, other therapists, assistants, and more
- Works for a private practice and is concerned they are being misclassified
5 Reasons Why You Need to Classify Employees & Contractors Correctly
- Mistakes with tax withholding rules can result in owing the IRS large sums for back taxes, penalties, and interest
- Your ability to oversee when, where, and how the work for your practice is performed is influenced by how your workers are classified
- Avoid triggering an audit by the IRS when you have employees and contractors performing the same job functions (without a very good legal justification, this is a huge red flag)
- Non-compete and other legal agreements can be considered invalid when it comes misclassified workers
- Your responsibility for reimbursement, materials, etc., is heavily dependent on how your worker is classified
Meet the Creators
A PRIVATE PRACTICE SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST SPECIALIZING IN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND ONLINE MARKETING.
As the owner of my own growing business, Cued Creative LLC, and as a private practice speech therapist, I understand the complexities of what it takes to grow a business the right way.
When coaching private practice therapists on growth strategies, often related to hiring and building a team, there is consistently confusion and concern around how to hire...specifically, on whether the people you are bringing onto your team should be classified as contractors or employees.
It turns out there is a lot to consider! And hiring a lawyer can be costly. That is why I am so excited to collaborate with my own lawyer, Chris Brown, to bring you a mini-course and workbook to guide your hiring decisions. Chris and I worked together to create this course (and the legal templates that you can add on) geared toward the private practice owner.
We can't wait to see you inside!
Hi, I'm Chris,
My firm, Pixel Law, helps entrepreneurs start and grow sustainable businesses the right way.
I made my entrepreneurial jump in 2013—I resigned from a mid-size law firm to become a full-time entrepreneur. In the years since, I’ve started and sold two businesses, mass-produced my family’s BBQ sauce, mentored thousands of entrepreneurs and freelancers, and more.
In addition to being an entrepreneur myself, I regularly counsel business owners on how to classify workers (as employees or contractors) and how to draft and negotiate agreements with them. That's why I jumped at the opportunity to collaborate with Hannah to build products to help therapists build their own workforce.
My goal with these products is to give you real-world, hyper-practical advice that you can rely on to properly classify and contract with your workers. I'm confident these products will increase your odds of success.
Watch the interview with Hannah and Chris to learn more about 1099 contractors and W2 employees.
Your Legal Guide to Building a Team
An hour of BITE-SIZED VIDEOS ON THE LEGAL INS AND OUTS OF HIRING (value $450)
Comprehensive DIGITAL USER GUIDE + CHECKLIST (value $500)
CLASSIFICATION CHECKLIST created with private practice therapists in mind (value $150)
An intro to contracts to HIRE AND CLASSIFY YOUR WORKES CORRECTLY (value $100)
Access to our MEMBER'S FORUM, to chat with other members of this course (value $100)
A GROWING LIST OF BONUSES including legal tips for firing an employee or terminating a contractor agreement (value $300)
BONUS: Tips for ATTRACTING & HIRING THE RIGHT CANDIDATES (value $150)
That's a total value of $1750! Imagine how long it would take you to research and learn all this on your own or what it would cost to engage your own legal counsel to learn the ins and outs of hiring and classifying workers... now imagine sitting down and learning this in an organized, systematic way, with videos and a workbook... it's a no-brainer. Invest today, and you can hire with confidence!
Legal knowledge to minimize your risk and maximize your chances of success.
Here’s a look inside the mini-course...
In this module, you will learn what to expect and how to get the most from this course.
- Overview of the W2 versus 1099 debate
- Why this matters
- Understand what happens if you misclassify your workers
How to Classify Your Workers
In this module, you will learn about the primary factors the IRS uses when classifying workers.
Who has the right to control how and when the work is done
How you pay your worker and the financial risks
Examples of a contractor vs. an employee in private practice
- What other laws and regulations you need to be aware of
In this module, you will learn how to use contracts with workers, how to manage employment taxes, and more.
- We review the different tax obligations you’ll have for each type of worker
- How to protect your intellectual property
- How to protect your confidential information
- And how to protect your business with non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
Wrapping Up + BONUSES
In this module, you'll learn we will introduce the contractor and employee agreements we offer and also give you access to our BONUS CONTENT.
- Determine which contract you need
- BONUS*: Tips on firing an employee or ending a contractor relationship
- BONUS*: Tips for attracting and hiring your ideal employees or contractors!
*Bonuses will be added as we create them. You will have access to all planned and future bonuses!
Access to Our Member's Forum
Have questions? This is where you can go to ask us to:
- Expand on the information presented in the course
- Guide you to identifying any necessary resources specific to your needs
- Interact with other members
- And more!
But you get this amazing course for
***All COURSE CUSTOMERS will receive code to purchase their legal contract template of choice for 20% OFF!
INVEST TODAY, HIRE TOMORROW!
AND INSIDE THE COURSE, YOU WILL GET A SPECIAL OFFER OF 20% OFF OUR INDIVIDUAL LEGAL CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT AND/OR EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT.
If you are unsatisfied with this product after purchasing it, then we will refund your purchase price provided (1) you make your request within seven days of your purchase and (2) you have not completed more than 20% of the video content. All refund requests must be sent to [email protected]
Don't forget to visit our template shop!
Attorney-created templates for your business. Use these fill-in-the-blank, customizable templates to legally button up your practice.
Video tutorials and a workbook are included with each template!
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DOES THIS COURSE COMPARE TO HIRING MY OWN LAWYER?
WHAT DO I DO AFTER THE COURSE IF I REALIZE I MISCLASSIFIED PEOPLE ON MY TEAM?
DOES THIS COURSE WORK FOR PEOPLE IN ANY STATE?
IS CHRIS BROWN CONSIDERED MY LAWYER IF I PURCHASE THIS COURSE?
WHAT IF I NEED MORE SUPPORT?
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THE COURSE?
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
DO YOU HAVE LEGAL CONTRACTS I CAN USE?
CAN I EDIT THE LEGAL/CONTRACT TEMPLATES?
WILL THIS COURSE HELP ME CONTRACT MY SERVICES TO SCHOOLS?
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the difference between a 1099 Contractor and a W2 Employee
- Know how to classify everyone on your team
- Feel confident when you go to hire and make an offer
- Understand the risk factors when you misclassify someone on your team